Here is what will be posted on my belly from here until the time baby Nagle #2 arrives:
Let me give you just a few examples of the things people have been saying to me, and all of these were in the past TWO days:
1. "I'm sorry, but you just look MISERABLE." - Prosecutor
2. "OH MY GOD!!!!! What are you doing walking around?? You should be at home resting!!!" - Random lady at the jail.
3. "What are you doing walking around this courtroom? Someone could bump into you, you could end up hurt. What if you had the baby here?" - Bailiff
4. "When is that baby due?" - Several random people along the streets, in the courtyard, etc.
5. *Whispered first to her friend* "She must be having twins." "Hey, are you having twins?" My response: "No." "Oh my gosh! Are you sure?" - Lady in the courtroom.
6. "I'm surprised you're still walking." "You Look Like a House." - Random lady in coutroom.
7. As he touches me...and we all know I hate to be touched "How's the baby? How are ya feeling?" - Client
And these are just a few of the comments I've heard in the past 2 days. They continue to come with the glances, the stares, the "OH MY'S!"
A couple things:
1. Who the Fuck is your mother and did she not raise you when it is appropriate to say something and when it is NOT appropriate to say something?
2. What the Fuck happened to your filter? Do you really think these things are acceptable?
3. Is my bitch-look wearing off? I thought my facial expression would be enough to ward off some of these comments, but apparently not.
4. Please see above to the sticker that will be posted on my belly for these next couple weeks.
And to those of you who care: I'm smaller than I was with Tatum. I wonder what these same people would have thought then. :0

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh dear Jill...hang in there. I'm sure the only reason why you "look" big is because you are slim, trim and in shape! :p
ReplyDelete