Monday, January 6, 2014

New.

New. Fresh. I love change. I love a new year. I love being given a chance to make some much-needed changes. This year, I don't have resolutions. I have changes that need to be made to make me a better mother, a better wife, and a better lawyer. This year, life will slow down. I will take time to breathe, take time to enjoy, and take time to love. I will slow things down at work so I can enjoy my family at home instead of lose my shit on the poor souls. It was a cold day in late December when I had this realization: I was managing to hold my shit together 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in a professional environment I call work. Not once in 7 years has any one seen me lose my temper. BUT I was coming home in recent months and losing my shit there. On my poor family. It was stress, I knew it. But it wasn't their stress. It was mine, and I needed to be accountable for it. So at that moment I professed to the Mr. that I would be accountable for my stress-load and slow.it.down. The other thing that will happen this year is that I will take a hiatus from my smart-phone. This thing is attached to me just like the rest of America, and that's ok - sometimes. When it gets right down to it, I get about 2 hours (max) with my nuggets on weekday evenings from the time I get home until the time they are fast asleep. I came to the realization that anything can wait 2 hours - and if there's an emergency - oddly enough my phone has the capability to be used as a phone as well! I don't write this as a list of things to suggest everyone do them, but rather a reminder to myself of what is important to me. So, here's to new. Here's to change. Here's to fresh. 2014 is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment