Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dear Ladies Who Ask Rude Questions...

Dear Ladies Who Ask Rude Questions... It is not acceptable to ask a woman when she is due. The end. No if's, and, or butts about it. It just simply should not be done. 

 Let me back it up a bit here... Soon after I had both of my babies, I was continually asked when my baby was due. This was a little (just a tiny bit) more acceptable because hell, I still had a belly. It's this littel thing most people apparently don't know about called PREGNANCY, BIRTH, and the after affects. Anywhoozle...it was whatever. The belly stuck for a bit...maybe because I looked like THIS just a few weeks before: 



 I don't know if you know this or not, but my babies like to lay horizontally in my belly. Trust me when I say...I did not wish for this. It just kinda came with the territory. Oh, and that little piece of information that Jax weighed NINE POUNDS and Four Ounces. So, ladies (mostly), I give you a pass for all those times you asked me when I was due and my response was: "Oh, my baby is (insert number) weeks old." 

 But you know what I don't give you a pass for?? Asking me in July, at 13 months post-partum, or asking me now, at 18 months post-partum, "When is your baby due?" 

 Maybe it's because I bust my ass running damn near every day in order to avoid that question. 
Maybe it's because I wear the same jeans I wore long before I ever thought of having a baby. 
Maybe it's because I am completely self-conscious about every inch of my body because of assholes asking dumb questions. 
Maybe it's because I try to exude self-confidence for my daughter so she won't be Fu$%ed in the head about her body. 

OR MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING RUDE. SERIOUSLY. 

 Ladies, this is unacceptable. It's adult bullying at it's finest. And IRONICALLY - nearly every woman who has asked me this has been OVERWEIGHT themselves. But you don't see me saying, "Hey lady, when's your baby due?" Or "Hey lady, is that a baby in your ASS or did you just eat too much at Thanksgiving?" WHY?? Because it's rude and it's hurtful. 

 Ladies, stop bullying each other. We do a good enough job tearing ourselves down, we don't need anyone else's help.

Sincerely,
Lady who keeps her mouth shut in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment