I walk out of the office stressed, frustrated, angry. I make my way to your school and walk in the door. I hear a tiny voice saying "Mama" and look up to see a tiny little nugget with an adorable, flawless face staring at me. Baby blues bright and shiny. I watch as you run on your tip toes to your cubbie to get your lunch box. We get in the car and you serenade me on the way home with "lo u" from the backseat. You giggle at yourself. I smile at you in the mirror.
We get home and walk in the door. I see a precious angel greeting us with "Hi Jax! Did you have a good day?" "Hi Mommy" I hear you tell me about school, whether or not you had a good day or got in a bit of trouble.
I spend the rest of the evening soaking you in, getting hugs, kisses and endless smiles. Hearing giggles and reading books. Work is a distant memory as I relax with you. My beautiful nuggets, saving me, one day at a time.
I tuck you into bed and all I can think about is your beautiful faces. Your smiles. Your loves.
Thank you God.




No comments:
Post a Comment