Dear Grandpa,
I know you're in heaven by now, probably resting and feeling young again, with no pain in your aging body. What an interesting past few months you had.
You will be missed here on earth Grandpa, as you hold a special place in many people's hearts. Mainly my Mom's, your namesake, GG. You see Grandpa, GG has always said from the beginning that you are her Daddy, you are her first love, you taught her so much. She fondly shared memories of her time in the Adrian Valley, sitting in your truck while you barreled down the roads to the fields. She recalls only special times with you, and you are a great part of what shaped her to be such an amazing woman now.
You see Grandpa, I don't know if you know this, but GG is the most amazing woman I know. And for helping her get to be that person, I thank you.
I know there are others up in heaven with you that are happier now too, I hope you can look down on us and send peace and comfort to all the families. You see Grandpa, only one day after you left us, a school of children were lost in Connecticut. The world is hurting, and we need to know they are comfortable.
I know you will enjoy your time up in heaven, and I am most certain you will spend most of your days in a tractor, farming the most bountiful crop yet. Grandma will miss you too, but don't worry, we will all take care of her.
Rest peacefully, Grandpa. You have worked hard for this moment.
Love,
Jill
Oh my….crying again…I am so proud of my gifted writers-my children. This is such a beautiful tribute to my Dad. Thank you, Jill, you are amazing.
ReplyDelete